Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! Here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer with experience on how to design and build robust and scalable applications to help us take our product to the next level.
Please submit applications in ENGLISH, those that are not will not be reviewed.
You will join one of our cross-functional product teams. As an android engineer you will contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components and platform architecture.
You can expect to:
- Be a core member of the product team as well as the android guild team. Your opinions and ideas matter when shaping a product and how a team functions.
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: design, implementation, experimenting, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Take part in mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Collaborate proactively. Be it pair programming to solve difficult technical issues or building a feature across product teams; we want to win as a team.
Who are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Are passionate about technology and love exploring new ideas to solve complex problems
- Are all about building great products that users love, and making technology choices with this in mind
- Have a robust knowledge of Kotlin and the android development ecosystem as a whole.
- Have built complex, high quality android applications, and have a strong knowledge of android app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Can work autonomously, and are more motivated by missions and goals than a specific list of tasks
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
Sounds like you? We'd love to hear from you.
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!