Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Head of Legal to join our team. We hope that it’s you.
As the Head of Legal you are the single point of contact for all legal affairs and responsible to build and maintain strong relationships with vendors, authorities and external legal counsels. You will be working closely with the management team and other leaders in the organisation, providing legal advice and participating in negotiations and contracting in merger and acquisitions as well as other strategic partnerships. The role involves a wide area of responsibility ranging from data privacy and compliance of applicable regulations such as GDPR, to Leading our IP and trademark strategy. You will also manage the contracts and the regulatory parts of running a company and be the appointed DPO for Fishbrain. The Head of Legal reports to the CFO.
As a person you are driven, pragmatic and humble, yet with a high integrity. You easily manage all different kinds of stakeholders since you have a great business understanding and are used to working in a complex business. You thrive in a fast paced environment where you get to solve problems independently and get a lot of responsibility and opportunity to make an impact. You are passionate about the business and the fact that you will play an important role developing our business further.
Your daily work will involve:
- Being the single point of contact for all legal matters for the organisation
- Collaborating with our external legal advisors in Sweden and US
- Supporting management and the organisation in negotiations and other legal matters
- Reviewing contracts
- Creating and conduct GDPR and privacy trainings internally
- Reviewing and update privacy policies
- Identifying, mitigating and reporting on legal risks and activities
- Running IP and trademark application processes and advise management in IP strategy
What we are fishing for:
- 5+ years working experience, preferably from a well renowned law firm
- Msc in Business Law
- Experience in Swedish corporate and labor law
- Experience in a strategic role, supporting business functions across the whole organization
- A background from successful M&A activities is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote work environment
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!