Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain, we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing as well as a suite of tools to help users catch more and bigger fishes. We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the fishing industry with us.
That's why we are looking for more Backend Engineers. Some of us fish, some of us love the outdoors, but all of us are united in building the best fishing experience. Would you like to be a part of taking the worlds leading fishing app to the next level?
Please submit applications in ENGLISH, those that are not will not be reviewed.
- You will design, build, and deploy highly scalable software systems (including micro-services) written mainly in Ruby on Rails.
- You'll work on our web infrastructure and help to improve the performance of fishbrain.com.
- Produce high quality software in a continuous delivery environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
What we are fishing for:
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in either Node or Ruby. Familiarity with Typescript, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, or Go is also beneficial.
- Experience with databases, operating system internals, networking and running distributed software in a cloud environment.
- A familiarity with concepts related to observability and monitoring of large-scale applications.
- You're smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. We value your opinions and and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!
Keywords: Ruby, Node, Go, Python, Elixir, GraphQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, microservices, backend, docker, kubernetes, Elasticsearch, TypeScript, redis, DevOps, infrastructure, AWS, NextJS