Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain, we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Dev-ops engineer with a focus on databases to join our team.
Please submit applications in English, those that are not will not be reviewed.
Your daily work will involve:
- Evolve and manage our infrastructure (AWS, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes).
- Work on data architecture and structure optimizing the transactional databases.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional product teams and help them build and deploy performant and reliable services.
- Be an advocate and teacher of best practices within your domain.
- Draw on your knowledge and experience of distributed systems and databases to identify and fix inefficiencies.
What we are fishing for:
- We’re looking for an experienced developer with a love for data.
- You enjoy problem solving and seeing things through.
- You have previously built, deployed, and monitored software in a cloud environment.
- You have an excellent understanding and ability to optimize data architecture and usage.
- You build software and services that enable other developers to focus on the product, and you ensure that Fishbrain has the capacity for future growth.
- You like finding efficient solutions that get the job done. You have strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in at least one programming language (Ruby, Elixir, Golang, Python, etc.).
- Experience with operating system internals, networking, and running distributed software in a cloud environment.
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate, and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!