Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Chief Product Officer - CPO to join our team.
Your daily work will involve:
It’s time for Fishbrain to go from being a successful start-up to continuing our growth and scale up journey. It’s a very exciting time ahead to continue building and scaling the company. Therefore, we are now looking for a CPO (Chief Product Officer) who wants to be part of and contribute to this journey that has just begun.
The role involves both the strategic and visionary work around Fishbrain’s product, as well as creating the conditions for executing on that vision. This means, among other things, continuously developing the product organization and its working methods, establishing close collaborations with other parts of the organization, and leading the execution towards set goals. As CPO, you will also be an active member of the management team where you’re expected to contribute to the company’s strategic agenda, and the development of the company to ensure our continued growth. In order to effectively do that it’s crucial that you have the ability to involve your stakeholders in this transition as everyone’s commitment, knowledge, and strengths are required to succeed, all while maintaining the drive and engagement that already exists in the teams. We’re interested in meeting you especially if you’ve previously made this type of journey before, or have operated in the context Fishbrain is heading towards.
As CPO, you will be ultimately responsible for several cross-functional product teams whose task is to understand and translate users’ needs into the product, in order to continuously drive our key metrics conversion, retention and engagement. Through analysis of user data and market insights, you and your team will create the foundation and conditions for further development of the product. You will further develop the company’s product strategy and implement best practices way of working with a user-centered approach for product development.
Your direct reports are responsible for Product development, Product Design, User research, Business Intelligence and Subscription performance.
Fishbrain operates on an international market with English as the company language.
What we are fishing for:
- Experience of developing digital consumer services, preferably via an app and/or subscription services
- Experience with leading larger product teams and developing a product team’s work with modern methods
- Ability and experience to develop and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with working in a context of technical product development
- Track record of a leading position in a company that is under development/transformation
- Qualifying with experience from the US market
- A driven and “leaning-in” attitude with the desire to make things happen
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and changing environment where you easily switch between a holistic and detailed view, as well as between the long-term and short-term work.
- Outstanding leadership qualities with ability to engage and motivate different types of stakeholders
- High level of integrity and humility
- Organized & structured
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!
We do this recruitment together with the Head Agent so they will handle all applications and all candidate contact.