Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 15 million users all over the world who have logged over 16 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for an Android Engineer.
Please submit applications in ENGLISH, those that are not will not be reviewed.
What you’ll work on:
- You will join one of our cross-functional product teams. As an Android Engineer you will contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components and platform architecture.
- Be a core member of the product team as well as the Android guild team. Your opinions and ideas matter when shaping a product and how a team functions.
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: design, implementation, experimenting, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Collaborate proactively. Be it pair programming to solve difficult technical issues or building a feature across product teams; we want to win as a team.
What we are fishing for:
- Have 3+ years of professional software development experience building native Android apps
- Are passionate about technology and love exploring new ideas to solve complex problems
- Are all about building great products that users love, and making technology choices with this in mind
- Have a good knowledge of Kotlin and the Android development ecosystem as a whole
- Have built high quality android applications, and have a strong knowledge of android app design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Can work autonomously, and are more motivated by missions and goals than a specific list of tasks
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
We’re a product-focused startup, and every individual is important. That means you get to contribute to the direction of the company and the impact we have on millions of anglers. We at Fishbrain work with the latest tech and challenge ourselves every day. We have a work culture that encourages innovation, passion and teamwork. And most importantly, we want you to enjoy coming to work every single day.
In addition, Fishbrain also offers:
🌴 30 days annual vacation
Each year you’ll get 30 days vacation to use however, whenever
🤸♀️ Wellness bonus
5000 sek annual allowance to put towards anything in the realm of health and fitness
💻📱 Technology of your choice
Windows or Mac, you decide
🎣 Fishing rods in the offices
Grab one and go fishing during lunch. We have fishing guides and experts working among us that can help you catch your dream fis
🐕 Dog friendly
Feel free to bring your furry friend to the office
🌎 Commitment to sustainability
We believe in catch & release and the sustainable harvest of fish species, because when it comes to the outdoors, tomorrow matters too. Our global data set is one of the largest in the world, and we freely share it with scientific research partners in both North America and Europe to better understand our fisheries
For this role, we ask that you are based in the area of Stockholm, Sweden so that you can occasionally collaborate in-person with your colleagues.
Relocation possibilities are based on current Swedish regulations. Let us know when you apply if you’re looking for relocation.
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!