Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain, we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing as well as a suite of tools to help users catch more and bigger fishes. We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the fishing industry with us.
That's why we are looking for more iOS Engineers. Some of us fish, some of us love the outdoors, all of us are united in building the best fishing experience. Would you like to be a part of taking the world’s no. 1 fishing app to the next level?
Please submit applications in ENGLISH, those that are not will not be reviewed.
What you’ll work on:
As an iOS engineer you will contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components and platform architecture.
You can expect to:
- Be a core member of the product team as well as the iOS guild team. Your opinions and ideas matter when shaping a product and how a team functions.
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: design, implementation, experimenting, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Collaborate proactively. Be it pair programming to solve difficult technical issues or building a feature across product teams; we want to win as a team.
What we are fishing for:
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have 5+ years of professional software development experience and 3+ years of recent experience building native iOS apps.
- Are passionate about technology and love exploring new ideas to solve complex problems
- Are all about building great products that users love and you make technology choices with this in mind
- Have a robust knowledge of Swift and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- Have built complex, high quality iOS applications, and have a strong knowledge of iOS app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Can work autonomously, and are more motivated by missions and goals than a specific list of tasks
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
We’re a product-focused startup, and every individual is important. That means you get to contribute to the direction of the company and the impact we have on millions of anglers. We at Fishbrain work with the latest tech and challenge ourselves every day. We want your years at Fishbrain to be a time to grow and develop on both a career and personal level, which is why we so heavily value a work culture that encourages innovation, passion and teamwork. And most importantly, we want you to enjoy coming to work every single day. In addition, Fishbrain also offers:
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your culture, values and beliefs.
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Company-provided laptop (your choice of Windows, Mac or Linux) and smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Dedicated learning budget for career growth and development.
- Friendly, honest and open culture, including both remote-friendly and in-person social events.
- Commitment to sustainability - For us, respecting the environment is about balance. We believe in catch & release and the sustainable harvest of fish species. Because when it comes to the outdoors, tomorrow matters too.
Where you’ll work:
We have 100+ employees, boasting almost 40 different nationalities. At Fishbrain, we love diversity, we embrace and welcome new ideas, we move fast and live by the “dare to fail” mentality.
We’re a hybrid remote company. Some of us work from boats or tents. Some of us work in our home office in Stockholm, Sweden. Some of us work from home. That’s the beauty of hybrid remote work. For this role, we ask that you are based in the area of Stockholm, Sweden so that you can occasionally collaborate in-person with your colleagues. When you’re working from the office, then you’ll have access to fishing rods for relaxing lunch fishing, our friendly office dogs, and plenty of coffee. Just make sure to make a fresh pot!
Relocation possibilities are based on current Swedish regulations. Let us know when you apply if you’re looking for relocation.
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!